Our monthly water situation report and weekly rainfall and river flow summary for England.
We routinely measure, monitor and report on a range of hydrological parameters to assess the water situation across England. We do this using our own hydrometric data, together with data provided by the Met Office and water companies.
We do this for:
- the amount of rain that falls
- how dry the soils are and how much rain they can soak up
- the amount of water flowing in rivers
- the amount of water stored below ground in aquifers and above ground in reservoirs
- the outlook for river flow and groundwater over the coming months
We no longer report on the water situation in Wales (with the exception of some shared reservoirs and rivers). Water situation reporting for Wales will be published by Natural Resources Wales.
Water situation report and rainfall and river flow summary
This report and summary provides information for the previous month and week:
Regional water situation reports
Our regions and some of our areas produce monthly water situation reports on the 10th of each month:
See back issues of:
Please email us for more information about the current water situation, the data we use, or drought and flood events: