The Pollution Inventory (PI) provides information about the releases and transfers of substances from the industrial activities we regulate.
- provide the public with easy access to environmental information from industrial activities in their locality
- protect the environment, we can use this information to help us develop future regulation
- government to meet its national and international environmental reporting commitments, such as the European Pollutant Release and Transfer Register
Each relevant industrial activity must report annually the quantities of specified substances released to air, land and controlled waters and in transfers off-site in wastewater. We also require details of the quantity, type and fate of wastes transferred off-site. Most industrial sectors also have to report data on resource efficiency.
This section provides:
- information on who needs to report to the PI and when
- guidance on how to report
- a link to the online electronic data capture system
- forms for those that cannot use the electronic system